Game sessions are designed to maximize team members’ and leaders’ awareness of the topics critical for successful team collaboration through reflection after the game. This, instead, supports organizations to reach business goals.
NoviCraft is always played over a network connection with a voice connection so physical location is not a restrictive element.
NoviCraft has been developed through academic research on leadership, social interaction, multicultural collaboration, distributed team work, and game development. The game guarantees immersion and emotional attachment for the learning events.
Teams playing NoviCraft are faced with purposefully scripted problem scenarios, where only active participation as a team towards a mutual goal is rewarded. Teams will learn the meaning and importance of
- Leading and building of psychological safety, giving and receiving help
- Coordination, and goal orientation
- Think-aloud; Sharing existing knowledge
- Challenges with working in distributed virtual teams, strategy creation, and risk taking
- Planning your work and executing according to the plan
After the session, players will have a shared experience that will become a source of unity and energy for the whole group. The facilitator can produce a report from the training session, focusing usually on:
- brief description of the participants’ behavior, activities and attitude during the session
- strengths in collaborative problem-solving and social interaction
- suggestions of development areas in social interaction and team dynamics